A limited number of scholarships (expense reimbursements) may be available to assist with attendance at the 10th ISPE Asian Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology. Scholarships may be awarded to contribute towards expenses associated with registration, lodging, and travel to the conference. Applicants are advised that typically the total amount of financial (scholarship) assistance requested to attend ISPE meetings significantly exceeds the amount of funds the Society is able to allocate. Applicants are strongly encouraged to try to simultaneously find additional funding to attend this meeting from other sources.
Researchers from developing countries, those in genuine financial need, and students who otherwise would be unable to attend ACPE 2017 are invited to submit an application form.
ISPE’s ACPE International Steering Committee, which administers this Scholarship program, bases its decisions on factors including but not limited to: having an accepted abstract, country of residence, student status, financial situation, stated reasons for wishing to attend meeting, and supporting statements.
ACPE 2017 will reimburse recipients in Australian dollars for approved expenses on receipt of appropriate documentation after or if appropriate, during ACPE 2017.
The deadline for scholarship application submission is Friday 16 June 2017.
- *STUDENTS – The Scholarship application form must be accompanied by a letter of reference from one of the following: your Dean, Department Chair, Advisor, or Supervisor attesting to your involvement in the field of pharmacoepidemiology and your need for financial support. In this context, the field of pharmacoepidemiology includes pharmacovigilance, drug utilization research, comparative effectiveness research, and therapeutic risk management. Also, students must include documentation of full-time student status (e.g., a clear copy of student ID with a valid date or letter from school or program) at the time of registration.
- If you are requesting travel funding, please check with your travel agent or local airline to find the lowest cost to purchase your own ticket. Enter the amount (converted to Australian dollars using current exchange rate) on the travel amount line.
- The level and nature of awards for scholarships/expense reimbursement will be determined on an individual basis. No payments will be made until the ACPE 2017 Conference Secretariat receives all expense receipts –AFTER/DURING the conference.
- Scholarships will not cover food, ground transportation, parking, incidentals, etc.
- Cancellation: If you will be unable to attend the conference, please let the ACPE 2017 Conference Secretariat know as soon as possible by email: email@example.com
- If you are offered a scholarship and have not registered and paid the registration fee to attend the conference by Monday 25 September 2017, your offer of a scholarship will be automatically withdrawn without further notice.
- The applicant is responsible for confirming that the ACPE 2017 Conference Secretariat has received the application.
Please complete your application by typing into the Word document (handwriting not preferred) and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 June 2017.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 21 July 2017.